Sunday, November 9, 2008
ECCSF
I had the rare privilege of getting off campus for two nights on this four day weekend. A group from LUCHA (our chicano club) drove three and a half hours to Ploughkeepsie NY, and stayed at Vassar College for ECCSF, the East Coast Chicano Student Forum. It was interesting to see another type of college atmosphere at this small, artsy, east coast liberal arts school. It was unique from both California state schools and MIT. We met other students from Yale, Georgetown, Brown, Colombia, and Wellsley. Talking to these schools made me feel like I had to go read a book, since I'm sure that any one of them would have been able to beat me at scrabble. Both Georgetown and MIT managed to fullfill stereotypes as we sat next to each other during dinner. All of us were majoring in sometype of engineering while every one of their majors was a different flavor of polictical science, government, or international relations. For most of the conference we went to seminars and discussions about chicano issues, then they had some entertainment for us at night. Another highlight of the trip was cramming 18 people into two hotel rooms. The only picture I managed to snag during the trip was taken on Yvettes's phone sometime between 3-6am. Me and Jose are on a ledge using Lesley's hair as a mustache.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Does Lesley know what you guys are doing? (-:
Post a Comment