Sunday, June 28, 2009

Kayaking

All I did the first three weeks here was sit around the apartment, but now I know more the interns so things are more fun with poker nights, watching 2 month old movies for 50 cents on Mondays, and volleyball games. Most are between rising seniors and graduate students, so I think I might be the youngest.

It was sunny out yesterday so a group of us went out to go kayaking on Bay Creek, which involved paddling through a maze of reeds.




It was like the Jungle Cruise ride at Disneyland. Highlights include seeing
  • a deer
  • a family of ducks
  • two swans
I was the front seat in a two-person kayak with my office mate Liang, who is originally from China and getting his PhD at UMass Dartmouth this fall. I couldn't bring my camera since it would have gotten wet, but if we go back we'll probably take a canoe instead and bring a lunch so maybe I will snap some then. Jason did manage to snap a picture of me in my yellow life vest with his phone though.

No comments: