I had a little extra room in my schedule so I attempted to take 2.005, Thermal-Fluid Engineering, which is one of the hardest required classes for course 2 that juniors usually. It covered Heat Transfer, Fluids, and Thermodynamics, which are usually three distinct courses, and made me think harder than I've ever had to before. Our first test had an average score of 6/20. I poured a lot of time into the class and ended up with a B, but I felt like I got a lot out of it. My other course 2 classes were Dynamics and Control I, and Mechanics of Materials II. I think I picked the right major, which is fortunate.
I also figured out that I do not like business as much as I once thought I would. I dropped Macroeconomics, which sets me back on my humanities, but I'll just double up some other time. I like technical problems more than logistical things, so this narrows down career goals I guess.
The most exciting thing that occurred this semester was Obama coming to campus to tour some labs and give a speech on clean energy. You pretty much couldn't get a seat to this thing, but I watched from a lecture hall where the broadcast it.
The only occasion that called for pictures was the Spanish House retreat in the beginning of the year. It was at Camp Cody in New Hampshire. I believe we stayed one night. It was fun.
Studying in the library doesn't call for as many blog entries, and even people at school did not see me as much, but it was fulfilling to apply myself.
1 comment:
Thanks for the update Matt, sounds like you are doing good and things are going well. Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment