After cramming 18 people into a minivan that seated 8, we got a ride back to the T station while it rained pretty heavily. From there, Megan and I stopped by Haymarket, Boston's huge farmer's market that takes place every Friday and Saturday. You could get 6 peaches, 6 nectarines, 8 oranges, or two packets of strawberries for the price of a dollar. I went for three peaches, three nectarines, and a thing of strawberries for a dollar fifty. I also went for two avacadoes for $1.50, but I'm skeptical about those. I read that as the market goes on the prices and quality both decline, and it had been raining all weekend, so the prices were probably low for a combination of those reasons. But I decided to gamble $3 and ask questions later.
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Saturdayyy
I finally got to go out into Boston again. It had bee awhile. One of MIT's student groups had planned an indoor rock climbing trip so I tagged along for $5. After a nice ride on the T, walked about a mile to get to the place. Since we were the second group to go, and the logistics had not been planned out, I didn't get to go on a high wall or anything, but I got to do some bouldering on some smaller rocks that poked out at funny angles.

After cramming 18 people into a minivan that seated 8, we got a ride back to the T station while it rained pretty heavily. From there, Megan and I stopped by Haymarket, Boston's huge farmer's market that takes place every Friday and Saturday. You could get 6 peaches, 6 nectarines, 8 oranges, or two packets of strawberries for the price of a dollar. I went for three peaches, three nectarines, and a thing of strawberries for a dollar fifty. I also went for two avacadoes for $1.50, but I'm skeptical about those. I read that as the market goes on the prices and quality both decline, and it had been raining all weekend, so the prices were probably low for a combination of those reasons. But I decided to gamble $3 and ask questions later.
It feels like what I know as November/December weather. But it's only the end of September. The rain doesn't bother me though, no complaints yet.
After cramming 18 people into a minivan that seated 8, we got a ride back to the T station while it rained pretty heavily. From there, Megan and I stopped by Haymarket, Boston's huge farmer's market that takes place every Friday and Saturday. You could get 6 peaches, 6 nectarines, 8 oranges, or two packets of strawberries for the price of a dollar. I went for three peaches, three nectarines, and a thing of strawberries for a dollar fifty. I also went for two avacadoes for $1.50, but I'm skeptical about those. I read that as the market goes on the prices and quality both decline, and it had been raining all weekend, so the prices were probably low for a combination of those reasons. But I decided to gamble $3 and ask questions later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment