For the next day we went to St. Peter's Basilica. I had seen many cathedrals by this point but it did not disappoint; it did seem like The Cathedral of Catholic Cathedrals. The stature of them is always impressive.
The inside was also very lavishly adorned. St. Peter's seemed to have a theme that was very heavenly. Other cathedrals seemed to often be dimly lit, and Milan's even had a painting of Hell on part of the ceiling if I remember correctly. This one was a lot of gold and white and very well lit.
Here I am in my Charlie Brown T-shirt again, as well as the view of the view from the outside.
On the way back we passed Castillo Sant'Angelo, which used to be a fortification. I don't think I snapped a picture of the actual castle but there was a bridge leading up to it with nice statues.
Tara and I sat down for a dinner that night at a neighborhood around the Pantheon. I got pasta with mussels in it while Tara's had a sauce with anchovies. I don't think I appreciated good anchovies before this summer. We got some gelato afterwards too!
The last day we stopped by Campo dei Fiori, an open market, and Piazza Navona, which some nice fountains. Piazza Navona has an elliptical shape since it used to be used to be a stadium until the 1st century AD.
Finally, we saw the Pantheon and grabbed a cappuccino at a cafe with a nice view of the Colosseum, which made for a nice picture.













No comments:
Post a Comment