Friday, August 1, 2008

Living in Fear

The majority of Interphase has recently started playing a program-wide game of Assassins. We received this email:

"The rules are simple:
Everyone is given a target they are to "assassinate." Assassinating someone entails lightly poking them or touching them (appropriately) and informing them they have just been assassinated. The assassin then takes their victim's target as their new target.

An assassination may have at most 1 witness. Thus, if more than one person witnesses your assassination attempt, all you have done is let everyone know who your target is. Being a witness doesn't imply that you physically saw the assassination; it means that you were in the vicinity of the assassination, i.e. even if I was facing away from the assassination, I will still be a witness. Essentially, witnesses have 360 vision.

Witness must be related to Interphase. And not OME staff (aside from office works). So don't expect some random stranger to be a witness. That's just weird.

To go along with this, glass is opaque; that means even if there are 30 Interphasers that see you assassinate someone through a window, its a legit kill.

The last assassin alive at the end of the game wins a prize worthy of such a master assassin.

Game is valid at all times; no place is safe."

We are a day an a half in and it seems maybe a little less than half of Interphase is dead. I'm still alive. I have to walk around most of the time with an entourage to make sure I'm safe.

Update: I died after two and a half days. It was a good run.

1 comment:

Budd said...

daaaang that sounds really fun haha