Thursday, August 14, 2008

Nomad

Moving is a pain. You don't realize how much stuff you have until you are forced to take it all out of your room and move it somewhere else. My move from Next House to Baker was down at the opposite end of the dorm row, but I can't complain because some people had to move across campus. Special thanks to Megan, Kwami, and Crystal who helped me haul all my stuff. The fact that I had saved all the boxes that had been mailed to me helped as well. Everybody kind of banded together and helped everyone else out over the past two days, which was cool.

I have to move again in two more weeks or so after the adjustment lottery, so I'll only half unpack. MIT is pretty unique with their dormitories. Each house has it's own personality. They have you enter a lottery with your preferences in the summer to determine where you'll stay when you get here. After you live in your assigned dorm for a week, you can reapply to change if you find somewhere you like better, or just change your room/floor in the same dormitory.

I'm temporarily staying in a triple. It's a decent size and has a sink which will come in handy. I also have a nice view a brick wall outside my window, but hopefully I'll be able to move rooms or something. It started raining randomly again today, so the noise isn't static.



Even though I'm the only one here for now it looks like two people are moved in with all my stuff thrown out across the room. Today was dedicated to cleaning up and settling in. I really didn't have anything else to do. I also was able to update the blog which I had fallen behind on. After opening my guitar, which I had waited to get here in the mail for a week or so, the tuning peg completely broke as I was trying to tune it. That was probably the most disappointing moment of my life. So I'll have to go get that fixed up or buy a new one.

1 comment:

Sean said...

Is that the math day at the beach shirt that I see? lol!