I found myself in a lecture hall filled to the brim with a little less than 500 people at 10am in the morning on my first day of class. Introduction to Biology had an unusually high enrollment this year. Equally as packed were my Intro to Solid State Chem and Multivariable Calculus lectures. Physics was kept down to about forty students in each class.
At the moment I'm taking four technical classes, omitting the usual writing class in order to take chemistry and biology simultaneously. It will probably be a little harder, but fall semester is Pass/No Record so I'll be good as long as I pass. Biology is taught by Eric Lander, who has been working on the Human Genome project for the past twenty years, along with Weinberg, who is also supposed to be a great lecturer. I think we are focusing on genetics. Sadoway teaches Solid State Chem and shows up in a full tailored suit every lecture. My calculus teacher, Aroux, has a french accent. There is something about math professors and foreign countries.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
it's "Auroux"
Post a Comment