I had pictured a scene from Aladdin or the Lion King, but what I got was an hour long wait out in the freezing cold to get a minute and a half glimpse of these elephants, horses, and ponies that didn't look like they were having much of a good time either. It was also too dark to get a decent picture with my camera. I guess the odd sight of elephants walking down the street in Cambridge counts for something though. The strangest thing I had seen traveling down Massachusetts Avenue prior to this was a guy dressed up as Abraham Lincoln riding a segway scooter.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
The Cold, Horrible Photography, and Elephants
Once or twice a year the circus comes to town. They bring elephants on trains, and in order to get them across the river into Boston , Massachusetts Avenue is shut down so they can parade the elephants into the city. A crowd gathered to watch all this at 8pm.

I had pictured a scene from Aladdin or the Lion King, but what I got was an hour long wait out in the freezing cold to get a minute and a half glimpse of these elephants, horses, and ponies that didn't look like they were having much of a good time either. It was also too dark to get a decent picture with my camera. I guess the odd sight of elephants walking down the street in Cambridge counts for something though. The strangest thing I had seen traveling down Massachusetts Avenue prior to this was a guy dressed up as Abraham Lincoln riding a segway scooter.
I had pictured a scene from Aladdin or the Lion King, but what I got was an hour long wait out in the freezing cold to get a minute and a half glimpse of these elephants, horses, and ponies that didn't look like they were having much of a good time either. It was also too dark to get a decent picture with my camera. I guess the odd sight of elephants walking down the street in Cambridge counts for something though. The strangest thing I had seen traveling down Massachusetts Avenue prior to this was a guy dressed up as Abraham Lincoln riding a segway scooter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Matt. Y
our pictures of Cambridge are beautiful. I love this city. Although I am from far away, this place is home.
I saw the elephants two years ago! I saw them on Binney St. - near Kendall Square. I was just walking along, cluelessly minding my own business when a bunch of elephants cam shuffling along. It was magic. I nearly wept. The surprise and strangeness of it has made it one of my most cherished memories.
Cheers!
Charli
Post a Comment