Sunday, October 19, 2008

Head of the Charles Regatta

The Head of the Charles is the largest two-day regatta in the world! I don't know how many two-day regattas there are in the world, but it seemed like a big event. I saw crew teams from Westpoint, the US Naval Academy, Stanford, Harvard, Cornell, Dartmouth and MIT, along with international schools like Oxford. Me and Megan jogged down the entire length of the race, from the BU bridge to down somewhere past Harvard, which was like 3 miles. Peopled lined up along the river and across bridges to watch the rowers.





It was similar to the Fourth of July, with tents set up selling stuff along the river once you neared the end. Once we stopped running, I froze my butt off since I was in jogging attire in the low 50's and a windchill along the river. It was first time I was able to see fall colors coming in, so I ended up taking more pictures of trees than boats. I hear you don't get to see the full effect unless you drive outside the city.





No comments: