Saturday, July 14, 2012

Getting to Pamplona

I decided to make the effort to go to Running of the Bulls, which started in Pamplona, Spain July 7th, and went on for a week. The plan was as follows:
  1. Skip work on Thursday/Friday, take a train to Milan Central Station and bus to Milan Bergamo airport
  2. Fly to Barcelona, take another bus into town 
  3. Sleep on a friend's coach
  4. Take a 7am bus to arrive in Pamplona Friday at 2pm
  5. Experience the Festival!
  6. Sleep in the park 
  7. Take an hour bus to San Sebastian on Saturday afternoon
  8. Experience San Sebastian!
  9. Sleep on a 6 hour bus to Madrid airport which departed San Sebastian at midnight
  10. Take a flight back to Genoa
Throughout the weekend I sat on 20-24 hours of public transportation. 

I had two hours in between my train getting into Milan and my coach bus leaving to the airport so I took the subway Milan's Duomo (italian for Cathedral, I forget if I mentioned this when writing about Florence). It was very impressive.







I had planned to walk back, but somehow lost my map inside the church. I still walked back and made it in the hour I had left, so I think my navigation skills are improving.

I arrived into Placa de Catalunya in Barcelona, there was some nice scenery and architecture.




Though my friend Felipe made an attempt to show me around a bit, I had gotten in too late to really see anything after I had gone to the internet cafe to book some tickets for later on in the weekend. We went back to the apartment and I knocked out on the couch. The bus the next day was about as long as the drive from LA for Yosemite, so it wasn't that bad. The scenery wasn't too different from going through California.


No comments: