Sunday, July 1, 2012

Pisa

My second weekend I met with a friend from MIT and two other students in her program to visit Pisa and Florence. I met with them near the leaning tower, and ordered some seafood pasta for lunch.


 The cathedral and baptistry next to it are also quite nice.



You got to stop at two levels on the way up before you got to the very top, since they had to let the other group go down. It was a single set of stairs spiraling up along the perimeter of the tower on the inside.


I thought it was interesting how the steps dipped in, probably because of all the toursists climbing over the years??



And here I am at the top, along with some pictures of the view on each side. I took a video, but right now I think it is too much for my internet connection at the apartment. We use a connection called LiberoWifi or "FreeWifi" and aren't sure where it comes from, but we only get signal in the living room.




Finally here are my pictures in front of the tower!




No comments: