Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Freebies

I actually understood most of calculus as I finished it up thirty minutes ago. It came with a feeling of accomplishment. We had a mini Resource Fair today. That means free give aways, so I put my game face on being the poor college student I am. The haul:
  • water bottle
  • 2 pens
  • mousepad
  • brownie
  • set of earplugs
  • sleeping mask thing
  • beach ball
  • mini first aid kit
  • sports bag
  • key clip
I live for these! It's the thrill of the hunt. I also had lunch with my Calculus teacher today. He's a tall, lanky Australian grad student doing research in abstract geometry. And a cool guy.

First sailing class was today as well, which was awesome even though we didn't go in the water. The people at the sailing pavilion are laid back say the least. With my boating certificate I can take out a sailing boat any time I want, and it lasts for life. They have everybody's sailing card since the 1930's. I just walk in, grab a life vest, sail, and boat. I can bring guests too, so if you ever visit me we can go sailing on the Charles. We learned how to rig a boat and tie a couple knots.

No comments: