Thursday, July 17, 2008

Less than 24 Hours!

That is the amount of time until I will be sitting watching the midnight premiere of The Dark Knight! I even brought my batman shirt over here so I'm set. All of the TA's are going to go watch it as well. I bought my tickets two weeks in advance when we ventured into Boston Commons, which is directly in the middle of the city from what I could tell. I just hadn't gotten a chance to post about it. It's a big park in the middle of the city. Like a scaled down Boston version of Central Park? I haven't been to New York (But I'm making a point to go this year) so I don't know how valid that comparison is.


The part I liked about Boston Commons was how it had the feel of a New England town combined with a big city. That could just be me though. Even though you were in the greenery of the park you could still see the skyscrapers looming in the background. Even the 7-Elevens had class.


The area used to be used as a common field for the people of Boston back in colonial times, for animals to graze and stuff like that. They would also hold hangings there. We walked down St. Charles Street to soak in the city. We crossed by a huge church as we were wandering down the streets.

There were also tons of interesting smalls shops along the way. The Black Ink was my personal favorite. It sold weird knick-knacks and things like erasers in the shape of a peanut, which is cooler than it sounds. There were just odd items that you wouldn't find at Target or anywhere like that.


I will be back tomorrow!

No comments: