W00t! I got my high school diploma yesterday. Graduation did not disappoint, it was pretty long and eventful. Went to the practice in the morning, which I didn't know to arrive early to. Its where you pick your seats for graduation and I decided to roll up at 8:35. But Priscilla and Monica saved me a seat so that saved my butt. Afterwards I ate at my final Taco Tuesday with Sean, Adam, Emily, Eric, and Andre. I will miss Rubio's fish tacos every Tuesday :(
Graduation was awesome, almost just for the fact that everyone was dressed up in cap and gown alone. Listened to some speeches (Great Job to Sean & April), cheered for the beach balls people snuck in, walked, took pictures with everyone and their mother, and went out to dinner. I can see why graduation is considered a rite of passage, tapping into the human spirit's desire for ceremony and tradition. It was something our parents went through and so will our children. And as I walked off that field I felt a sense of conclusion and attachment to my classmates adorned in blue with whom I braved the thirteen-year jungle that is public education. Are you really this sentimental Matt? I'm half serious. What can I say, I'm a poet, this stuff flows out.
Grad Night was impressive as well, and it was pretty ridiculous how much they can fix up a high school gym. Crashed on the couch at 5:30 in the morning. They say the reality of it all hits you when you wake up the next morning and don't have to go to school. I pretty much felt the same. The last year has been one prolonged launching pad into college, and I'm ready to go for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment