Saturday, June 28, 2008

Mandatory Fun


Interphase is pretty structured, our weekday is filled up from 9-5. Then on Saturdays we have something called Mandatory Fun. It sounds like an oxymoron (have fun or else!), but they are just outings we go on. We split up to take tours of Boston this weekend. I signed up for the Aquarium, which I can't remember going to since elementary school. The TA's kind of just led us to downtown Boston then took off, but we faired fine. They had penguins, jellyfish, and a cool three-story cylinder tank with tons of different fish, sharks, and a couple of sea turtles. There was a spiraling walkway up the tank with some lady giving a talk at the top about all the fish inside it. The little kids asked her how old Myrtle the turtle was about 3 separate times within 2 minutes so I asked a fourth. He was 70.


Afterward we walked a bit through Boston ( I could walk through Boston taking pictures of the buildings all day) and ate at Quincy Market, which we visited during our DC trip in 8th grade. It was somewhere between a food court and a market, with tons of different places to buy food.








New England Clam Chowder Count: 1 bread bowl down. Yes!! This is half the reason I came here. I <3 Clam Chowder







We saw a one guy in particular walking back. He cracked some jokes and did some juggling and tricks. He managed to make us stay around for 40 minutes watching his act. Probably one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Sidenote: First load of laundry done! My socks and undershirts didn't come out pink either. Only at MIT will you find people talking about multivariable calculus and cross products in the laundry room.

1 comment:

mom said...

Glad you're having a nice time Matthew!