Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Work Begins

I'll probably be spending some time at one of these at least once a day


MIT's computer labs are called Athena Clusters and run a Unix operating system or something. They are scattered around the campus and require you to punch in a passcode to enter the room, which is awesome. Note the stacks of paper on the shelf that runs along the wall. Summer Goal: single-handedly kill half of the Amazon rain forest by abusing my unlimited printing. It'll be tough but I think I can manage it if I pace myself.

Classes started yesterday. Chemistry seems doable, my Humanities teacher is animated, I might be in over my head in Multivariable Calculus, and Physics is somewhere in between. I think I'm ready to be stretched though. Things have picked up with the workload. One pset down, two more and an essay lined up for next week.

No comments: